Radio's not so bad.. the game has just changed..

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
iamda

Re: Radio's not so bad.. the game has just changed..

Post by iamda » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Maybe if iHeart would take a look at some of the seven figure salaries it gives executives and some of the seven figure and upper six figure salaries it gives select air talent and start slashing a bit here and there on those maybe some local jock who's making $30,000 a year could keep their job. I guarantee some of those desk jockeys in New York and some of their syndicated talent would miss 30 grand a whole lot less than the guy who is now in the soup line.....but then that would REALLY be a painful and difficult choice for the brass to make and not just words they type to not seem like total heartless and out of touch morons. And for the record I am not a bitter ex-iHeart employee. I can just do simple math.

kayburton89

Post by kayburton89 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 am

All this sounds good, but do you understand that it is extremely difficult to go against the existing system? Including in matters of financing, income distribution, etc.

nice_shot_man

Post by nice_shot_man » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:18 pm

I can't believe people are still using the argument of "Voice Tracking does not equal compelling radio"