Had to share

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
danno

Re: Had to share

Post by danno » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:02 pm

jjenkins wrote:If you were worth more money by brining advertisers and audience to the table you would be offered more money to keep you happy. It's basic capitalism kid. Don't be mad that your "talents" aren't worth as much as you wish they were. NEWSFLASH: you're average and easily replaced. Maybe you should go into some other line of work?
i guess your line of work is being a DUMB F-K and doesn't require Correct Spelling..YOU STILL SPELLED ''BRINGING" wrong.
so, Ok Sparky, in a Perfect World EVERYBODY would be offered More Money, because they are BRINGING in Money and advertisers and so on... most people with their eyes open KNOW that as Wonderful as they are, they WILL be paid what the "Market" IS at the moment for Good Air Talent. Right Now the Market is weak, the economy is weak. DID YOU GET THE MEMO? i'm not making excuses, i don't have to, i like so many others are just happy to have a job, the same job in which i made alot more money before the shit hit the fan 5-6 years ago. same talent, rating increases and success... across the country Wages are Down, not only in radio but Everywhere, Hiring is also down, and in the next few years, in many cases full time will be replaced with Part-Time, even Temps will be hired replacing Full Time people, due to Economic conditions and tax increases on business already down due to the weak economy. this has nothing to do with your talent or my talent or anybody's talent. want evidence? How many Voice trackers are on your station instead of Live on-air people?

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 am

That was a lot of words aka excuses. Just create enough value to make it a smart business move to hire you on. Pretty simple kid, try developing your craft instead of crying about not being where you want to be. The radio corporations have tons of cash and if you're worth it, you will get some of it. Just ask Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, and more. Some are winners and some make excuse, choose wisely kiddo.

danno

Post by danno » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

jjenkins wrote:That was a lot of words aka excuses. Just create enough value to make it a smart business move to hire you on. Pretty simple kid, try developing your craft instead of crying about not being where you want to be. The radio corporations have tons of cash and if you're worth it, you will get some of it. Just ask Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, and more. Some are winners and some make excuse, choose wisely kiddo.
EXCUSES MY A$$! I JUST GAVE YOU A DOSE OF WHAT IS REALITY, Skippy. this post all started with someone commenting on a post that said UP-FRONT that REGARDLESS of WHO the hell IT Is no matter what "Value" you've created at your previous position, they would NOT pay moving expenses. THIS is how the Economy is impacting things. as i said in a previous post, in over 30 years i have NEVER paid for my own moving expenses. my advice to all is, if you get the job, and they balk on moving expenses, NEGOTIATE it. as i said before if they won't work with you, you DON"T want to work for them period.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 pm

The truth is that if you are worth it, you will get your moving expenses paid. Stop typing in bold and ALL CAPS and get to work. If you spent as much time working as you do whining you MIGHT be in a better place. It's a tough world kid, earn your keep.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Danno...thanks for the chuckle! The funny part was "...the station you work at" when talking to JJ. JJ has never worked in the industry although he'll try to convince you he has and with some success. He trolls around here talking about how we broadcast professionals are losers because we work in an industry he didn't have the talent to make it in.

Yes, JJ, we see you.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Draw the crowd, reap the benefits. Simple as that. All the name calling, whining and posting won't change that simple formula. Get to work kiddos.

danno

Post by danno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm

winterwest wrote:Danno...thanks for the chuckle! The funny part was "...the station you work at" when talking to JJ. JJ has never worked in the industry although he'll try to convince you he has and with some success. He trolls around here talking about how we broadcast professionals are losers because we work in an industry he didn't have the talent to make it in.

Yes, JJ, we see you.
INDEED! JJ...what a piece of work.

ruben

Post by ruben » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Wow how sad that Jjenkins had to be so berating.. Its not what your worth.. Danno, I dont even know you but I will guess financially you are worth a great deal more. It is what the economy has done to this industry.. and not many are paid what they are "worth" anymore. But here is the key.. at least its my key. Do you love what you are doing? Does it make you happy? Then that is worth gold and thats something that probably the garbage guy doesnt have.. So keep that and remind yourself of it daily because its so hard to find and so tough to get, so many people are miserable doing their jobs.. If you like what you do and are fullfilled you are waaay ahead of the game. You become the winner.. The huge house and the new car doesnt mean anything if you are frustrated at your job and miserable. I am not happy with my salary but I am survivng in this industry and that is whats important to me.. I still can do what I want maybe not exactly what I want but a form there of..

donobrian

Post by donobrian » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 am

lol, yeah the guys who racked up hundreds of billions of dollars in debt by foolishly overpaying for stations are a good judge of accessing value. That's really funny stuff right there.
So funny, they hire idiot consultants who are blind to trends and have no ears, these consultants had to pat their backsides when they saw that Florida sink hole on CNN.